Pro-Cite 2.2 + WordPerfect 5.1 cheat sheet
From an old WordPerfect 5.1 document
This is a summary of part of the Basic guide to Pro-Cite, section ‘Creating a bibliography from a manuscript’.
1. Insert your citations in the WP document. Two ways:
- author/date, like (Smith, 1994) or (Smith & Jones 1987)
- record number, like (#324) where 324 is the record number in Pro-Cite.
2. Save the document, exit WP5.1.
3. Search for the citations in the document:
- open Pro-Cite and the Pro-Cite database containing the records
- in Main Menu, press M for search Manuscript
- press O for Options and set appropriately
- select all database records
- F to give the document File name (changing directory if need be), then Enter
- in Main Menu, press M for search Manuscript, then Enter.
4. Generate the reference list to insert into your document:
- go to Print menu and set your output format to WP5.1
- Print the reference list
- go to search Manuscript and ‘Clear manuscript order’
- close Pro-Cite.
5. Insert the list into your document:
- open your document in WP5.1, and move the cursor to where the list is to go
- Shift+F3 to switch to the second document
- open reference list, and copy it all
- switch back and paste it in.